Re: Rainsuits

At 01:11 PM 01/20/2000 -0500, Bird, Garry wrote:
 >Help, please.  I bought a motorcycle manufacturer's (three guesses and the
 >first two don't count) one piece rainsuit and have tried it out twice.  Both
 >times...pockets full of water and a soaking wet crotch (No, I didn't forget

makes a nice statement when you stop at a restaurant, no ?

 >the Depends!).  Needless to say my dealer will be getting this
 >pseudo-rainsuit back.  Can anyone recommend a rainsuit...either one or two
 >piece.  Also, I am 6'3" and long legged (34" inseam) so the suits sized for
 >the average person don't fit, properly.  Any recommendations would be much
 >appreciated.  Thanks...

Well, I would assume that you are talking about the triumph suit ? I had a
similar problem with mine when I initially got it. To correct the problem I
used a tent seam sealer on all the seams in the zipper area and was more
cautious about doing up the velcro when donning the suit. If you have any
bunches in the velcro - either when putting it on or when sitting on the
bike - the rain will enter and then follow the zipper to the lowest point,
giving you the result you are experiencing. I've tried several different
vendors, but haven't found a suit that I can rave about.

- - Eric