Re: Camping/GPS

Anita,

I have been using a Thermarest pad and Remington 3 man tent for about 3
years now.  I bungie(shock cord) together the pad, tent and my Kermit
camping chair, then place that bundle in a rafting waterproof bag.  That bag
gets bungied(2 cords crossing the top) onto the passenger spot using the
pannier mounting bars as hook points.  The sleeping bag I'm using is an
Everest which packs down into a internal pocket and only takes up about 1/4
of a pannier.  I haven't had any difficulties with this set up on either my
ST or previous Sprint Executive.  In comparison to Eric's, my roll is about
1/3 the size, of course I'm not packing the bike cover.  I haven't had any
leaking problems with either the rafting bad or panniers.  The rafting bag
I'm using has an open end that folds over 3 times then you buckle the ends
into a nice carring handle.

Steve
aka Dirty dog