Re: Camping/GPS

At 05:51 PM 01/21/2000 -0600, Steven Kohlscheen wrote:
 >ST or previous Sprint Executive.  In comparison to Eric's, my roll is about
 >1/3 the size, of course I'm not packing the bike cover.  I haven't had any
 >leaking problems with either the rafting bad or panniers.  The rafting bag
 >I'm using has an open end that folds over 3 times then you buckle the ends
 >into a nice carring handle.

I'm glad you don't have a leaky rafting bad .... what is a rafting bad
anyway ? ;-)

My setup does look large, but that is because it was on its side against
the passenger backrest. Whole setup measures 10"x15"x26" fully packed
including the XL thermarest, 4 man tent and sleeping bag. I could have
gotten away with a smaller bag if I went with a 2 or 3 man tent, but the 4
man that I wanted is too long and had to be put in diagonally.

I normally rely on the kindness of others for a fire or warm coffee in the
morning, but this year I think I'll add a hikers stove. Do you carry one or
does anyone have a recommendation on one ?

- - Eric