rainsuit

Hey Paul:
I got my Dainese stuff about three years ago.  At that time there were
two textile pants to match the pegaso jacket.  They were the "nations"
and the "p. leigi".  The nations have the dryline fabric for water
proofing versus the p. leigi which use gortex.  They are both claimed to
be 100% waterproof however, I bought the p. leigi for the better
breathability.

Sounds like they may not be perfect for you as you do need to remove
your boots to get them on.  I ride with shorts on under them in the
summer and that works out great, just take the pants off and I'm ready
to go.  In the winter I usually ride with silk underwear on underneath.
If I'm going to be out with my wife for the whole day I will
occasionally wear street pants (usually jeans) underneath.  Once on the
bike riding the jeans are not a problem.  The only difficulty is that
the pants are well fitted and getting them on over the jeans usually
results in the cuffs riding up to my knees as they are pulled on.  No
big deal, just reach up and pull them down.  If I'm just going to be out
with the guys I often just keep the pants on, they are very comfortable.

With regard to sizing Dainese is a bit restrictive.  Their sizes are
bases on the average frame.  As you go up in size, you get longer legs
and larger waists - you can't get a large waist with short legs.  This
also holds true of the jackets.

I think it was Jay that put in his vote for the aerostich darien setup.
Several of the members of my riding club don the highly acclaimed
aerostich.  I have traded jackets on several occasions with aerostich
believrs.  IMHO you can't go wrong with regard to protection with either
garment (road or water) however, my dainese was comfortable and felt
like it was made for me the first day I wore it where as the well broken
in aerostich did not feel as good.  The difference is especially
apparent in the summer when I only wear short sleeves under the jacket.

Hope this has been helpful and not just a big run on.  By the way,
thumbs up for me on the Americade deal - I've been wanting to go for
several years and this just might be the excuse I need to actually make
it this year.

My best,
Greg