Re: power down

> That was exactly (almost) his question. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation
> teaches to switch the bike off using the kill switch. As Greg pointed out
> one of the reasons that they stress that is to keep new riders hands on the
> bars until the motor stops running. However it also trains you to go for
> that switch in an emergency, so hopefully if you  are sitting under a bike
> (crash) and need to turn it off, there is no delay in looking for the
> switch. If you always use the key that is probably what you will go looking
> for in an emergency.

Interestingly, the Canada Safety Council instructors at the course I took
(5-day course) said to use the key to shut off the motorcycle, as the kill
switch was for emergencies only and wasn't really designed for daily use.
Comparing the average kill switch to the average ignition switch, and I'd
tend to agree with them.

Regards,

Gord.

- --