Re suspension (wake up, ERICH!!)

Erich asked me about the optimal settings, but I have to admit that I have
no idea what they are, and right now I don't have the time to check them out
on the bike. All I know is that they are the ones with which the bike came
from the factory, unless JL altered them before I picked the bike up with 0
miles on the clock.
Maybe this makes me gullible, as it implies that I just accept whatever the
mechanic says, which is often true. (Like I said, I did have a set of Verner
calipers, but it was removed at the age of 6 when the polio disappeared
(sick UK joke).)
So, in other words, the bike still handles the same, though I have always
felt there is a bit too much dive on the front, which I would have liked to
firm up a bit, but again, the mechanic advised against it.
I can only suggest that people contact JL, maybe via e-mail, to ask them.

The gist of what they were saying is: if you make the springing any firmer,
i.e. to accommodate a pillion or more weight of any kind, you'll end up
riding like a bucking bronco and leaving the saddle every time you hit a
speed bump. And believe me, there are plenty of those around London!

Tim