Re: How to steal an ST

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Gary Slabaugh wrote:

> Thomas Emberson wrote:
> >
> > If it was not for the fact that it was illegal to create a man
> > trap, I would create an alarm system that would be able to deliver
> > a 10,000 or so volt charge when it figures out someone is moving
> > it.
> >
> > Of course, here in the states, it that was to happen the thief
> > would drop the bike on their foot, thus causing permanent injury,
> > and even thou the person could not hold down a decent job in the
> > first place, I would then have to support the sod for the rest of
> > his natural life.
> >
> A friend of mine had his Ducati 900SS stolen during the night from a
> motel parking lot last summer on the Oregon coast.  Later that night
> the two teenage punks that stole it tried to outrun cops but only
> succeeded in crashing hard on a curve.  The bike is up and running
> again but last I heard one of the teens is still in the hospital on
> life support.  Justice?  Probably a bit severe.  Maybe.

It is a fine line, we want to discourage people from violating our
space, but at the same time I would not want to see someone badly
hurt with such deterants.

But then again, even in a Star Trek universe, there are still have's
and have not's. As usual, its better to be the former than the
later.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945 (voice)  (972) 851-6944 (fax)