From: David Arnett <DArnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 26 January 2000 14:15
Subject: Re: Burning Oil

> All piston engines burn oil.  I noticed a slight drop between "new" and
the 6K oil change.  I also noticed when changing the oil, that it took a
very little addition of oil to make a considerable difference in the oil
level when nearing the "high mark", which was comforting since the level was
showing a little over ½ between the high and low marks.  Also note that the
Triumph/Mobil oil jug will fill the sump exactly, so no need to level the
bike perfectly in fear of overfilling.  Of coarse, fill the oil filter
before spinning it on.