Re: 2000 RALLYE

Mark Hanke wrote:

> I getting conflicting dates. Does it start on sunday? AM or PM? and when is it
> over,wednesday PM or thursday PM?

I'm pretty sure it's a Sun - Thurs event.  Though a lot of folks show up on Sat,
many arrive on Sun so Sunday is more or less a tire kicking day, though I manage
to get some riding in.  The organizers will generally have some suggested rides
and maps but you're on your own.  It's not too hard to find a group of riders to
hook up with.  Since I'm a slow poke, I usually ride with other slow pokes.  Not
much happens on Thursday since a lot of people leave for home early in the
morning.  Some riders do hang around though so it should be hard to hook up for a
ride.

Also, except for the main "banquet" you'll be on your own for meals.  The rooms
have kitchenettes so I usually walk over to the grocery store and get breakfast
foods and beverages.

> Greg, at the STAR what is a typical day? Do we just ride or are there
> seminars, or other organized events?

In a nutshell, you just find some people that want to go to where you want to go
and then ride there.  They used to have seminars a long time ago, but I don't
think they have any now (sometimes they have travellog slideshows).  The Honda
truck always sends a bunch of bikes for demo rides and sometimes the BMW truck
shows up too.  I used to really get into blowing a whole day demo'ing bikes, but
having an ST, not much impresses me anymore so I may only ride a model that really
picques my interest.

GG