Re: R.S.RIDER SLAMS S.T.

I'm sorry to hear that someone was juvenile enough to shoot off his
mouth and trash the ST (I did not see the posting; was it on this
list?).  I'm really loving my RS and feel it is a fine example of
Triumph's manufacturing and design ability, but I don't see any
reason to say nasty things about the ST.  Especially, given the fact
that they are nearly identical...

And I for one don't mind it if a magazine calls it the "budget ST";
I'm just happy Triumph made one that was less expensive _and_
which had a half fairing; I like the cheaper cost and I prefer the half
faired look.

Either ST or RS, it's a great bike!  I'm all smiles since my RS
finally arrived and is now mine.  I spent several hours in the saddle
yesterday, plying the twisties of the mountain roads of the east bay
hills of the San Francisco bay area.  I had a total blast.  My riding
buddy commented on how much quicker I was through the familiar
roads than I was on the Nighthawk.  The RS just wants to be
pushed through the curves and provides total confidence in its'
abilities.  The experience was helped by it being one of those
gorgeous California winter days, wherein the sky is clear and the
temperature is in the 60s.  Gotta love it!

I had not had the Nighthawk out in over two weeks, so I took it out
yesterday morning to get the battery charged and work the oil
around.  After only two days on the RS, the Nighthawk now feels
like I'm driving a truck.  I can see that there will be no reason to
keep it, now that I have the RS.  Anybody know anyone in the San
Francisco bay area looking for a '98 CB750 in excellent condition?
:-)

- -Keith
'00 Sprint RS (the other Sprint!)
'98 Nighthhawk