RE: Throttle Bodies

> From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
> Shantanu Reddy
>
> I was told that there are larger throttle bodies for
> the ST and these would improve response/power.
>
> Is there any truth to this?
>
> How much, how is the installation.
>
> Thanks,

For larger throttle bodies to do any good, the intake ports would have
to be re-sized to match the larger throttle bodies. You would also, to
take full advantage of all the extra air, need to fit a
less-restrictive exhaust and (probably) modify the airbox as well. All
of that will likely require a new tune to get the fuel injectors with
the program. Pretty expensive, all things considered.

FWIW, I have heard that Daytonas see some benefit from having the
existing throttle bodies relocated to better match the existing ports
in the head. I have not checked to see if that is an issue with my
Sprint, but I will make it a point to look when the bike comes back
(hopefully next week).