 Mr. Toad's #1 Re-Ride in Scott Reif's memory

Date:   Saturday September 9th
Start:  Chevron across from Gladstones For Fish
Depart: 8AM

Some may recall the guy disappearing at the front of the pack on an
R1 Yamaha a couple years ago on the first ReRide of Toad#1. That guy
was Scott Reif. Sadly, as most know now, Scott is no longer with us.
That makes this note doubly tough to post. Toad #1 ReRide 2000 will
be in memory of both Joe Boyd and Scott Reif. Scott, this one's for
you.

Scott's Toad Ride.

Neither Scott nor Joe would have wanted anything but for us all to
ride on and that's what this call is about.

We'll gather at the Chevron across the street inland from Gladstone's
4 Fish. That's the NE corner of PCH and Sunset Blvd. Gas up there and
be ready to depart at 8AM.

For those who have not done the Toad before, this is a group of roads
put together by Joe Boyd. Many are challenging and fun.

The ride route will include a rest stop at the Rock Store (probably
not long enough for breakfast), depart the Rock Store a bit before
10AM and get midafternoon lunch (~2PM) at the Cold Springs Tavern.
You might want to bring snacks. Certainly water.

Dinner will be at the GhostRiders Tavern in Los Alamos, and for those
who want to make it a two-day ride - it's the Skyview Motel in Los
Alamos. They have welcomed us the past two years and while their
rates are kinda high, they are the cheap seats of the area cuz it's
near Solvang. Pool, party room, OK rooms.

Second day's route includes Drum Canyon out of Los Alamos, lunch in
Santa Barbara and later Deer Creek Rd etc in the Santa Monicas.

Or if anyone's interested in a different Day Two, we can route north
out of Los Alamos and take Tepusequet Cyn and 166 to Cerro Noroeste
Rd then over to either 33 or (drum roll for Gayathri please) The Old
Ridge Route.

Please post email to me if you think you'll be doing lunch at the
Cold Springs, and whether you plan to make dinner at the GhostRider
as advance notice to both places is helpful.

If you want to be in on the Day Two stuff, please indicate if you
have a route preference (or we can just vote Sunday morning).

- -Russ