Re: Mileage

Horn Dawg whined:

> Geez, when I made the mileage, I thought my 42 MPG was good.  Especially
> since it was a lot of highway.  Since then I think every post since has
> beaten mine.  Whatta tryin' to say- I have a heavy hand?

Well, if the shoe fits ...

My run from Clearwater to Fort Lauderdale and back gave me 47.2 and 46.1
mpg.  The 47.2 included a high-speed run across Alligotor Alley following a
group of SUV's where the needle was stuck to an indicated 105 mph.  Well,
except for the time when all the brake lights ahead of me came on at once so
I slowed over a slight rise (not much in the way of rises along there!) to
see a pair of cop cars in the median.  However they just seemed to be
talking to each other and ignoring the traffic.

The return trip with the slightly lower mileage was in-and-out of rain and
against gusty headwinds.  :-(

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"