RE: She denied me in the garage!

Whoa!   I've been reading all these messages about batteries dying and
riders going to the shed and finding their bikes dead!

This morning I went to my trusty 99 red ST and turned the key and
...nothing!   No idiot lights..nothing.  That didn't stop me pressing
the starter button though..and obviously still nothing.  I pushed it out
of the shed and onto a slope beside my house and was about the attempt a
push start when I realised that the 'kill' switch was turned off.

Now, I'm 43 years old and have been riding since I was 14 years old!
When am I ever going to stop doing that?!!!   I seem to do it every few
years or so.

I blame this list cos I go to my bike each day expecting something to go
wrong. ;-)     I seem to smell fuel every now and then and constantly
check my chain for slackness but it stays within the tolerances.  I
never expect it to start and wonder where all the oil is leaking to
because there's never a drop on the garage floor. It was a perverted
feeling of satisfaction when my bike didn't start this morning because I
finally felt like I belonged!  ;-)  Of course I'm joking but I EXPECT my
bike to start every time and to give me good service...and so far it's
doing it well.  It's got over 12,000Km on it now and I just love riding
it!  I'm even thinking about when I'll get my next one!

How many other ST's are out there not showing up all these problems we
hear about?

regards

Mick Tuck
Oz