Alligator Alley

Bill at 02:59 09/07/2000 , you wrote:

>My run from Clearwater to Fort Lauderdale and back gave me 47.2 and 46.1
>mpg.  The 47.2 included a high-speed run across Alligotor Alley following a
>group of SUV's where the needle was stuck to an indicated 105 mph.  Well,
>except for the time when all the brake lights ahead of me came on at once so
>I slowed over a slight rise (not much in the way of rises along there!) to
>see a pair of cop cars in the median.  However they just seemed to be
>talking to each other and ignoring the traffic.

I drove this road a couple of years ago while I was over on honeymoon and
remember thinking that fuel outlets where rather far apart and I would not
like to have been on a bike at the time. Obviously I was over reacting as
you managed the journey okay. From memory I only recall one garage in the
middle. Is this route as bad as I remember or was it just tourist paranoia
at the time?

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & LongTail (00 Blue ST)"