Triumph of old

       This may be of interest to some of you.  I was at Powells Books
in Portland this weekend, and picked up "What Happened to the British
Motorcycle Industry?" by Brent Hopwood, a high level engineer for (at
different times) Norton, BSA, Triumph, and Areil.  Pretty nice
dissection of the death of Coventry/Meridian Triumph, along with some
cool talk about the actual bikes and engines.  I recommend it to
anyone wanting to know some of the history of our favorite bikes!  It
was originally published in 1981, and has been reprinted several
times, most recently in '98.

- --
- -jong