re: Any regrets about using Gen-Mar risers?

>  From: Clement Canino <clem2@xxxxxxxxx>, on 07/10/2000 14:16:
>  Just wondering if anyone out there that has installed the Gen-Mar risers
>  has gone back to the stock setup...

	Nope, no way. I rode mine stock for two months and, like you, found the
reach was just a bit uncomfortable. For comparison, though, the bike I was on
prior to the Sprint ST was a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad - a big 730 pound totally
cushy cruiser. So when I heard about the GenMar risers I immediately had my
dealer become an authorized distributor and had them ordered and installed. So
I've now had the risers on for two months and love them. While I'm not one of
the racer-wannabe's, I can keep up with 'em when I want, and do it in more
comfort than before. For the record, I've not had the pegs on the pavement yet,
but had to crank up my preload to keep the bodywork from getting any more
scratches. Handling-wise I noticed a slight difference when I first had them
installed, but after getting used to them I find I can get the bike to do
whatever I ask of it without any effort - just think and she goes. Cranking up
the preload on the suspension a bit made a much bigger difference. The new
Dunlops I'll be getting soon (207f/205r) along with my 6k service should make
it even better, I hope.
	On the "I once was a cruiser guy" topic, I've been eyeing a Shadow
Sabre lately. Anybody have any first- or second-hand experience with them? The
Nomad was just too big and heavy, I'm looking for something with more scoot and
that won't drag metal every time I go around a corner. The ST will still be my
primary locomotion, but sometimes it's nice to go slow 'n' easy...

No regrets whatsoever on the GenMars,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	aka "Wimp Dawg" from now on, I suppose
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"