From: Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Sprint ST-RS list <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 3:55 PM
Subject: Dealing with garage doors?

: (Calling Inspector Gadget! :-)
:
: I'm looking for some advice WRT dealing with garage doors (Genie brand,
: if it matters) and their attendant openers. (My new apartment is the
: first place I've lived in that has a remote-controlled door.) I have one
: of those ugly old brown controllers that's about the size of a deck of
: playing cards. It doesn't work real well, even though the battery is
: fresh. Also, it seems like it's always in my car when I go to ride my
: motorcycle, and it's in my motorcycle jacket when I need to drive the
: car. Thus I'm looking for a better solution.
:
: I saw a device at my dealer that's supposed to mount to the dash of a
: motorcycle, but the controller was pretty ugly (at least from the box
: shot, IMHO). Also, I figure it's pretty directional, so I doubt that
: it'll trigger the door behind me when I'm leaving. Can you just buy
: replacement transmitters that'll learn the code from another
: transmitter? Who makes a good one, and where can I get it? Does anyone
: make one that's the size of a car alarm fob? Is it weatherproof? Etc.,
: etc., etc.
:
: TIA!
: --
: Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Burlingame, CA, USA
:
*
:       The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by Jack Lilley Ltd.
:           http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley for more info
: