Re: Brakes, Tunes, Fuel Leaks, Coolant Leaks, etc., etc., etc.

Dave at 13:51 11/07/2000 , you wrote:

>Had my 2K Sapphire ST into the dealer today, primarily to have the fuel
>sender replaced, due to it being wildly inaccurate. New one seems to echo
>others comments in that it now reads full until about half a tank then
>reduces. At least I am not getting a fuel light on with half a tank as
>before. No signs of a leak as yet. Time will tell.

I too need to get my sender changed as... well, we all know why!!.

I just can't bring myself around to getting it changed as the bike is
running fine with no problems.

So should I book it in and:

1. Ride with the new fuel sender, but risk fuel leeks.
2. Be able to fill up when requiring more than half a tank of fuel rather
than just to turn the bloody low      fuel light off

OR

1. Continue as now with an inaccurate gauge and no leeks
2. An annoying fuel light. I'm dying to find out what it can do to the tank
full but the light always wins.
3. Filling up with just over half a tank used.

I should be at my dealers this weekend so I'll ask how many they have
changed and if any have been returned with the new and improved fuel leek.
Their answer may make my mind up at to whether to upgrade or hold on a
while more.

Yours Mr Indecisive.

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK