Re: Brakes, Tunes, Fuel Leaks, Coolant Leaks, etc., etc., etc.

Previously, you (Keith Peters) wrote:
> I too need to get my sender changed as... well, we all know why!!.
>
> I just can't bring myself around to getting it changed as the bike is
> running fine with no problems.

You're not alone.  I also have the fuel sender problem but have decided
to live with it for now.  In fact, at the moment I don't have a choice
as my dealer just closed its doors!  :-(

> So should I book it in and:
>
> 1. Ride with the new fuel sender, but risk fuel leeks.
> 2. Be able to fill up when requiring more than half a tank of fuel rather
> than just to turn the bloody low      fuel light off

Don't do it!

> OR
>
> 1. Continue as now with an inaccurate gauge and no leeks
> 2. An annoying fuel light. I'm dying to find out what it can do to the tank
> full but the light always wins.
> 3. Filling up with just over half a tank used.

None of the above.

When you fill up reset your trip meter.  Forget about the odometer (most
of the time) and only ever display the trip meter.  When it gets to 180
miles (or 290 km) start thinking about what to do.  When you get to 200
miles (320 km) actively look for a gas (petrol) station.  If you take it
to 220 miles (350 km) go directly to the nearest station via the most
economical route at the optimum velocity.

> I should be at my dealers this weekend so I'll ask how many they have
> changed and if any have been returned with the new and improved fuel leek.
> Their answer may make my mind up at to whether to upgrade or hold on a
> while more.

I just view the wacky fuel sender as modern Triumph "character" and live
with it ... until there is a fix that *REALLY* works.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"