fuel consumption

In a message dated 7/6/00 9:56:13 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< FWIW  I just did the calculations for my recent trip up north. It was
about 2000 miles total, mountain roads and super slab. My mileage was never
below 45 and as high as 57! Has anyone else achieved 57 MPG or did I just
scribble the gallons down wrong or something? >>

I got 52.8 yesterday coming down Cal State 1 from Big Sur to Santa
Barbara-mostly fairly slow speeds. And that's using the odometer-measured
miles as the numerator, which are long miles. When I figure out how long,
comparing odometer reading to sign-post mileage, My mpg will be multiplied by
a fudge-factor which could bring it up around 57. Have you checked your
odometer?