Newbie llooking for info

Hello all.

I have recently began the search for a new mortocycle, and have reap many
reviews and comments on the ST / RS bikes. I have been impressed with what
I have heard, and like the look of the bikes - especially the RS. I
currently ride a BMW R90/6 which is my first big bike and the on that i
have the most saddle time in. I love the BMW, and have been slowly
modifying it to be a quasi-cafe city bike to burn around San Francisco on.
Each of the modifications makes the bike a bit less comfortable, more
agressive, and less like what BMW intended. This is great for the above
mentioned type of riding, but a bit rough for any long distance travel.

So, I came to look at the Triumphs. Speed Triple? Same concept as my BMW.
Daytona? A bit much for me. Tiger? Too tall. ST / RS? Now we are talking. I
have tried the bikes on, and they fit my 5' 8", 150lb, 29" inseam body
pretty well. I also have the extra added bonus of a boken hip that I got
when I was 13 and has given me wicked arthritis. Sitting on either bike
didn't seem to agrivate it more than any other bike, so that is a good
thing.

I really do prefer the looks and slightly more agressive stance of the RS
over the ST. However, i am wondering what the long trip comfort of the RS
is like. I don't know when I am going to get a chance to ride one, as my
local dealer doesn't have a demo of either available. Any of y'all have
some input on the touring prowess of the RS? Any other thoughts on this or
a nearly related subject?

Thanks in advance!

Tom Epley