Fuel Sender problems

I spoke with the mechanic at RPM today about all the leaking problems. here
is his take:

They have replaced 12 units so far. Mine doesn't count because I got a whole
new tank. Two came back with a small amount of weeping around the PVC
sealing the 2 sending wires. It was not enough to notice other than a smell
of gas after being in the garage overnight. These were replaced under
warrantee also. If leaks are bad enough to cause a puddle then the gasket
was pinched during re-installation or the bolts were not tightened to spec.
Of course this is speculation on his part since he hasn't seen these bikes.
Dennis
Corinth, TX