Re: even more GPS stuff, And a plug

Not only do they work great on a bike they are cool as hell (huh)? On your
next plane ride. Some of the stats I picked up from West Palm Beach to Vegas
this past week was:
Max speed: 607 mph (show that to your Hayabusa buds)
Moving Avg. 450 mph
Front wheels off the ground 165 mph
Complete lift off 185 mph
Landing speed was a low of 161 mph and a high of 187 mph.
both types of aircraft 757 / 767 seemed to lock on 501 mph once at cruising
speed.
How many times have you landed at your hometown airport and just can't get
figure out what route the pilot is taking? It's no longer a mystery with
these little tools.
Mine is a emap by Garmin and I paid 189.00 for it from Sports Authority. The
emap deluxe is 50.00 more and a better value because it comes with a PC
interface cable and one 8MB memory cartridge. I purchased this particular
model because Motorcycle Consumer news recommended it (April 2000)
  Thanks list for all the talk on GPS. I'm having a ball with mine. The trip
computer function is really cool for finding out the top speed for the ride
you just took. Isn't technology great?  Also, you must be in a window seat
and aim the unit at the window to get a strong enough signal.
Ron Dixon
Lake Worth, FL
00 ST
97 900RR
<< On the bike, there is
 never a need for the external antennae, and it actually works really
 well in a closed car too, much better than the previous generation
 receivers. >>