SideStand Switch

Well, I just got a very rude surprise this afternoon.
I forget to put the sidestand up every 2-3000 miles it seems.
I always sigh loudly, remembering the instant the engine dies.
Pull in the clutch, crank away, try not to look to sheepish.
Today, I forgot, and AS I RODE AWAY TURNING SLIGHTLY LEFT,
the sidestand bounced my upright!

What the .... So I checked it out a couple of times,
and sure enough, the sidestand switch is not breaking
the connection when down. I tried to check it out, but
everything is pretty well sealed up down there. The
schematic shows a connector, but I have no idea where it is.
I also found the sidestand mounting screws were loose.
Tightening them had no effect on the problem switch.

Anyone had this before? I am assuming bad switch at this point.
I think others have had just the opposite, the switch NOT
closing when the sidestand is up.

I think it is time to give the dealer a buzz. I'll keep you
posted.

Paul Master  - Red Dawg
Red '99 Sprint ST - Flash