Re: st-digest V2000 #341

In a message dated 7/10/00 9:56:08 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I saw a device at my dealer that's supposed to mount to the dash of a
: motorcycle, but the controller was pretty ugly (at least from the box
: shot, IMHO). Also, I figure it's pretty directional, so I doubt that
: it'll trigger the door behind me when I'm leaving. Can you just buy
: replacement transmitters that'll learn the code from another
: transmitter? Who makes a good one, and where can I get it? Does anyone
: make one that's the size of a car alarm fob? Is it weatherproof? Etc.,
: etc., etc >>

My opener is a keyfob size-I have it on my motorcycle key chain and leave it
hanging ouside my pocket, with the keys inside and the flap snapped down. The
code is set digitally on a series of tiny toggle switches inside the case. to
match the code of the the receiver. Myfob seems to say "Linear". I suggest
you pick a garage door opener place out of the yellow pages-they should be
able to fix you up. Dave Collins San Diego. PS there is an interesting
phenomenon that takes place here in San Diego occasionally: widespread
failure to function of garage door openers all over the city. It is said to
be due to mysterioius top-secret radiation emanating from the US Navy
establishments we have here.