Re: Sprint RS/Dealer Advice

Terry Lewis wrote:

> 1) What kind of experience have people had with the Sprint? Any
> 'gotcha' items I might want to be aware of (you know, those
> idiosyncracies that give a bike character)?

The fuel guage is the biggest "quirk," in that it reads totally full
until the tank is 1/2-empty, then drops linearly from there. This is
with the "new and improved" sender; the old senders were very erratic,
often reading empty even after a fuel-up. Some folks who've had their
old senders replaced under warranty have been having fuel leaks after a
bit, but it's unclear whether it's poor installation, a problem with the
part, or a combination.

Other than that, the bikes have been stellar!

> 2) Any dealer recommendations/warnings for the Washington, DC area?
> I'm willing to drive for

I just moved to CA from that area back in April. I bought my ST from
Cycle Sport in Herndon, VA. They have a smaller store in Springfield, if
it's more convenient for you. They aren't cheap, but they took good care
of my bike and did a perfect job every time they touched it -- I never
had to go back to get something done right. That includes doing
"strange" stuff like wiring the heated grips to the europead headlight
switch cluster.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA