RE: throw-over panniers

Correct!

> What does fitting the panel protectors entail?  How long, what hardware?

Fitting the hardware is a once only thing and takes an hour or so. Two
brackets either side. Forward one attaches to the rear footrest hanger
bolts, so that the quick release clip is behind the hanger and all but
invisible. Rear one is a little more involved as you have to remove the raer
bodywork, which is only about a 5 minute job. Bolts onto the rear sub-frame
with the bolt going through the underseat storage. A bit of a fiddle but
worth the effort. On all brackets, make sure you fit the QR fastener the
right way round. Triumpph warn about this and I still got it wrong. It's a
dog of a job to get them out again!!

Once all the bodywork is re-fitted, the panel protectors take about 30
seconds to fit. Remove the seat. Hang the protectors on and snap the
fasteners into place , et voila! As you have to remove the seat to fit the
rear seat pad for the bags anyway, it's no big deal.

> If I want to take the panel protectors off, how long does it take?

Reverse. Remove seat and un-snap the fasteners and lift them off. Re-fit the
seat. Couldn't be easier. 30 seconds again.

If you want I can take some digi-snaps of the panels, brackets and panniers
an send them direct to you? The protectors are great, I haven't had any
marks on the bodywork whilst they have been fitted and theyt don't look so
obtrusive that you couldn't leave them on if you wish.

Hope it helps.

Dave McCarthy