Turbo Connection update

Erik

I promised to keep you up-to-date with the turbo installation.

The motor was taken out and stripped down yesterday. Today they put in the
aluminium liners, Daytona pistons and wrist pins, and the stronger valve
springs. Tomorrow looks like they'll be putting the motor back. Hopefully we
can install the new header, turbo, ceramic coated middle exhaust pipe,
intercooler and airbox before it get's late. It looks like I'll be able to
borrow their shop on Saturday so I can finish off the installation myself.
So probably sometime this weekend I'll roll her out of the shop. I have to
run her in again so there won't be anything but smooth riding for a while.
That's fine with me. I have to learn how to ride a blown triple.

Oh yeah, ... almost forgot. She'd been ticking for a while before I took her
in for the turbo installation. When they changed the pistons and wrist pins
they noticed that the nr. 3 cylinder wrist pin was way too tight on the
outside and loose on the inside! That's the second wrist pin problem I've
had. The first was at 11110km, nr. 2 cylinder, and now again at 22375km. I
just hope that the new Daytona parts have better tolerances.

Anyway ..... looking forward to my next track day on the 12th and 13th of
August. It's time to catch some Ninjas and maybe a Suxuki 750 or Aprillia on
the straights.

Hope your trip was a good one.

Kyle
Stockholm Sweden