stepping out into the light

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BFECF6.3D113AB4

Hi everbody in ST land

I've been tuning in for several weeks now but have only just felt confident
enough to emerge from the covers and introduce myself.  I just hope I have
worked out how to make this contribution without unwittingly attaching a
whole digest!

Name is Bryan, early 40s, live in a Bedfordshire village about 45 miles
north of London.  Had a blue ST since mid-April.  Only use it for pleasure
but have clocked up 6,500 miles to date without any of the problems reported
in the digest (touch wood!).

Previous bike was a 1993 Trophy 900 which got a bit noisy mechanically after
123,000 miles so I moved it on.  In that time it just needed one silencer, a
rear disc (EBC pads!) and a new radiator (road-salt) on top of the usual
wearing bits.  Did however get the cam-chain, etc replaced at 100,000 as it
seemed like a good idea.  Another Hinckley Triumph was thus a pretty obvious
choice!  Most of the previous 20 years riding was on various Meriden
Triumphs, a couple of BMWs (but I'm over that now!), a Wankel engined Norton
and somehow a Yamaha sneeked in there for a couple of years in the 80s
whilst I lived in Canada.

Other bikes living in the garage: 1949 Norton 16H (for sale), 1969 Triumph
T100S, Honda TLR200 traillie (for sale), Yamaha XT225 Serow traillie and
Yamaha TY250 trials.

Views on ST to date:  Excellent,love it!  But OE tyres wear out too quick -
just about to replace original BT57 rear with (don't wince) a BT54
(excellent on the Trophy - looking for 10k miles minimum!).  Too much weight
on right wrist (have factory high screen) - might fit the risers after
hearing all the good reports.  Excellent fuel consumption - every tank-full
monitored and overall average 64.2 mpg (imperial) / 53.5 mpg (US).

Deal with On-Yer-Triumph (formerly known as Market Motorcycles) in Tring.
Excellent people to deal with and brilliant mechanics.

Now I can dive for cover again and continue to enjoy the digests.

Regards

Bryan

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BFECF6.3D113AB4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>stepping out into the light</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi everbody in ST land</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've been tuning in for several weeks now but have =
only just felt confident enough to emerge from the covers and introduce =
myself.&nbsp; I just hope I have worked out how to make this =
contribution without unwittingly attaching a whole digest!</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Name is Bryan, early 40s, live in a Bedfordshire =
village about 45 miles north of London.&nbsp; Had a blue ST since =
mid-April.&nbsp; Only use it for pleasure but have clocked up 6,500 =
miles to date without any of the problems reported in the digest (touch =
wood!).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Previous bike was a 1993 Trophy 900 which got a bit =
noisy mechanically after 123,000 miles so I moved it on.&nbsp; In that =
time it just needed one silencer, a rear disc (EBC pads!) and a new =
radiator (road-salt) on top of the usual wearing bits.&nbsp; Did =
however get the cam-chain, etc replaced at 100,000 as it seemed like a =
good idea.&nbsp; Another Hinckley Triumph was thus a pretty obvious =
choice!&nbsp; Most of the previous 20 years riding was on various =
Meriden Triumphs, a couple of BMWs (but I'm over that now!), a Wankel =
engined Norton and somehow a Yamaha sneeked in there for a couple of =
years in the 80s whilst I lived in Canada.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Other bikes living in the garage: 1949 Norton 16H =
(for sale), 1969 Triumph T100S, Honda TLR200 traillie (for sale), =
Yamaha XT225 Serow traillie and Yamaha TY250 trials.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Views on ST to date:&nbsp; Excellent,love it!&nbsp; =
But OE tyres wear out too quick - just about to replace original BT57 =
rear with (don't wince) a BT54 (excellent on the Trophy - looking for =
10k miles minimum!).&nbsp; Too much weight on right wrist (have factory =
high screen) - might fit the risers after hearing all the good =
reports.&nbsp; Excellent fuel consumption - every tank-full monitored =
and overall average 64.2 mpg (imperial) / 53.5 mpg (US).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Deal with On-Yer-Triumph (formerly known as Market =
Motorcycles) in Tring.&nbsp; Excellent people to deal with and =
brilliant mechanics.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Now I can dive for cover again and continue to enjoy =
the digests.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Regards</FONT>
</P>