SideStand Switch revisited

Well, the mystery has been solved.

Not only were two of the sidestand bolts loose, the third one was
completely gone.
This allowed the stand to move far enough away from the switch to
disable its
designed function. Moving the stand, then tightening, has it working again.
The third bolt is on order.

I was going to go through the entire bike this weekend, with Service Manual
torque recommendations and torque wrench in hand. But I need to wait
until
they are done with the suspension tweaks. New springs, revalve, new
seals and oil.
I'm told it will perform like a totally different machine when I get it back.
I hope so, and will report.

It is obviously time to get out the loctite for some of these self-loosening
hardware.