Alternate Rallye Lodgings

There have been a few requests from late arrivals to the Rallye scene about
accommodations now that the Pisgah Inn is full. I checked out these
properties while in Asheville - they are all close enough to allow easy
access to the Pisgah Inn and the TSRA Rallye.

If you were on the fence, now is the time to "just do it" - you don't want
to be the only one that missed "Riding the Ridge" ;-)

First, for those campers in the group:

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camping Resort - that's right - a "motorcycle only"
campground!! Located in Cruso, NC you will be only 9 miles from the Pisgah
Inn on route 276. This campground is very clean, has hot showers, laundry
facilities and a kitchen that serves from 8-10am and 5-8pm. They also have
mini cabins (basically a wooden tent) that sleep 2 (they come with sheets -
pillows - blankets). Tent camping is $14 Single or $20 Double. Cabins run
$37 per night. I stayed at this location in a tent and was very impressed.
Phone 828.235.8350

Non Camping:

There are a series of hotels located less than two miles off the Blue Ridge
Parkway at "Biltmore Square" - any of these sites will put you about 14-15
miles from the Pisgah Inn. Very easy, on - off access to the parkway and
easy access to I-26.

Comfort Suites (http://www.comfortsuites.com) 828-665-4000 - rates starting
around $60 per night

Holiday Inn Express (http://www.basshotels.com/holiday-inn) - 877-809-4900
- - rates Thursday $99 - Fri and Sat $109

Hampton Inn (http://www.hamptoninn.com) - 800-426-7866 - rates Thursday $74
- - Fri and Sat $94

There is also a "Country Suites" - 828-670-9000 - I didn't get rates for them.

All four properties appear to be relatively new (probably just a few years
old).

I hope that this helps and will allow you to enjoy the Rallye with the rest
of us. I've been out testing the roads and they are truly outstanding....

If you want to attend, please make your reservations, and then contact Lisa
White at lisa@xxxxxxx

Look forward to seeing you at the Rallye.

- - Weasel Dawg