re: new member

>  From: Jt94@xxxxxxx, on 07/17/2000 16:11:
>  Hello all,
>
>  I just purchased a '00 Sprint ST (blue) approx. 12 days ago.  Absolutely
love
>  the machine!

	Hey, ya got the right color! Blue's still the best, though some claim
red is faster than the rest.

>  Thanks to everyone for the information I've gathered about this
>  machine the past few months.  It was a major factor in my decision to
>  purchase the Sprint ST.

	Glad most of our rantings are decipherable and occasionally useful.

>  At the moment I'm considering the 2 bag system and a under seat exhaust.
Any
>  thoughts concerning these would be greatly appreciated.

	I've found the hard panniers indispensible, as I commute on the ST most
days. One side holds any helmet I've tried in it (mine's an HJC full face),
plus gloves and my little bag of necessities (sunglasses, insurance, hairbrush,
earplugs, air gauge, emergency cash...). The other side typically holds my Joe
Rocket ballistic suit that I keep for raingear/cool weather, plus 2 liters of
water this time of year, bungees, a foot pump, and my most recent addition: a
spare fuel sender.
	The underseat exhaust looks waaay cool on the Daytona, I would presume
the effect would be similar on an ST. I've not ridden a bike equipped with an
underseat exhaust, though, so I can only comment on the visual effect. The
panniers would pretty much negate that, though, don't ya think? I hear you'll
scrape the pegs before the panniers or the pipe in the lowered position, but so
far I've not leaned her over that far.

Welcome to the party !

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"