12000 mile check

I went through the archives to see how everyone else's valves were at
the 12000 mile check, and found mine a little different.
All of my exhaust valves were within spec, but all of my inlet valves
were too tight.  I was able to move 2 around and had to get 4 from the
shop (who only had 1 on hand so 3 on order)
I am replacing the air filter ($32) and the plugs too (even though not
recommended for another 12000).  #1 plug was a little dirtier than the
others and it was from the cylinder that was the tightest on the inlets.
Gonna have the shop adjust the throttle bodies, replace the fuel filter
when they replace the fuel sender (which I have been waiting for since
March).  But now in turmoil as to whether to replace the fuel sender as
it seems to have fixed itself.  It doesn't bounce as I accelerate any
more and the light doesn't come on at 60-80 miles either.
Also replacing the chain for the first time (not getting Triumph though
as it was $170 and I got an X-Oring RK for $80).  Sprockets were also a
wicked price so cheating and not switching them out until next go around
and hopefully there may be some after market sprockets to get.

Well just thought I would share my 12000 experience.  Bought the valve
adjustment tool and it works pretty slick. Gas tank and body work came
off easy as did the cam cover.  Just hope I can get it back on using all
of the parts I took off  8:)

Sherry