RE: Fuel Leak :( --- Questions

"Reddy, Shantanu (STP)" wrote:

> Before leaving work, I noticed a fuel smell and decided to check it out.
>
> A small puddle on the left side (bike was on center stand).
>
> Does this indicate the sender?  There was never any indication that there
> was a leak before this morning.

The sender and all fuel line connections are on the right-hand side of the
tank and as far as I recall the lines all run down the right-hand side of
the bike, so I can't think why you would find a puddle on the left.  Taking
the tank off is not difficult, but there are about 6 hoses & cables which
you need to carefully disconnect and note where they came from.

Long shot: one of the rubber tubes hanging down below the bike on the
right-hand side is the overflow from around the tank filler cap.  If the
bike was overfilled and the rubber tube isn't hanging in the right place,
that could be a simple explanation.

Neil