Re: Rallye T-shirts and stuff - Sigma Computer

At 08:21 AM 7/18/00 -0700, Kent Sheldon wrote:
>I'm new to the group with a new black ST. Used to riding a K75. So much
>happier with the ST.

Welcome - this is a pretty good group to be a part of.

>A question for the group: The gas tank builds up a remarkable vacuum after
>riding an hour or so. I feel like I am going to rip off the key cover tab
>when trying to open the tank. Is this normal, or do I have a check valve
>problem?

Not normal - probably a check valve problem, although it could also be a
pinched line or problem in the cap. First, find the vent line at the bottom
of the bike on the right side. Open the fuel cap. You should now be able to
blow through the line without problem. If you cannot, your line is either
pinched or the valve is bad. Check the routing and try again. If no success
remove the valve from the line (or get it replaced). If the line and valve
are ok, then the problem is in the cap (line enters on the right and then
exits near the middle).

HTH

- - Eric