Re: ST ergonomics

>I'm right at 6' tall and have a 34" inseam.  I sat on a Sprint ST
>recently and found that my knees contact the fairing.  Now, if I moved
>around on the seat a bit, my knees wouldn't touch.  But my concern
>is that it would be like this while riding.  My question is, has
>anyone else experienced this?

When I first sat on an ST in the showroom, my knees also touched the
fairing.  But when I ride it, there is plenty of room (except maybe in panic
braking stops).  I'm not sure if I position myself differently when riding,
or if it was because it was not straight up (side stand).  I suggest you
take out a demo bike and see if your knees still touch when you're in
motion.  Besides, any excuse to ride an ST is a good one.

(Oh, and I'm 6'3" with a 35-36" inseam.)

- -John Hickman
Lexington, KY