Current outcome of disklock fiasco

Well, it seems I'm not too bad off.  I was able to recharge the battery
mostly, dealer said I could get it replaced on warranty since I had it on a
2 amp trickle charge for 18 hrs and it still wasn't fully charged.  The
burning oil dissapated, and the dealer informed me that this is normal
thing to happen when the bike gets on it side with the engine still
running.  So I'm down to a bit of body damage (just scrapes) and a bent
shifter lever.

  As for the body damage I was thinking of pulling the panels myself and
having them sanded and painted but then noticed a small chip on the top
fairing assembly and really didn't want to mess with that so going to let
the dealership deal with that (sure am glad Triumph is slow about
delivering ordered accessories or I'd have damaged bags too).
  As for the shifter, it clears the linkage by about 1/8th inch, and fits
my foot better now (size 13 boots).  Before the bend, on hard left turns,
my foot would scrape pavement before the peg would.

So, by the time my bike gets out of the shop my K&N airfilter, performance
silencer, bags and seat cowl should all probably arrive about the same time.

Lex Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 Saphire blue Sprint ST
1986 Honda VF1000 F-2