Another New Member

Hey everyone!  After a 4 year wait, I am finally a Triumph owner!  Yeah!  I
just picked up my new 00' Blue ST a week and a half ago.  Needless to say, I
Love It!

I have several questions about my new bike that the dealership can't answer.
Hopefully I am not breaking rules of etiquette by asking so many questions.

- -Since purchase, my fuel warning light comes on continually even though the
tank is not empty, or anywhere near empty.  Matter of fact, I had about a
3/4 tank and the light would intermittently go on and off.  Has anyone else
had this problem?  Is this normal?

- -Stupid question #2: At what RPM do most of you shift while normal street
riding?  I find myself shifting at about 4000 RPM.  Is this high, low, or
just right?

- -What type of chain lube do you all recommend?
- -I've never tightened a chain before.  Is there anything I need to look out
for before tightening my ST's chain?

- -In the middle of the seat on the side, there are two holes with threads in
them, as if something screws into them to secure cargo?  I would like
something there to help strap down cargo without running bungees over the
painted cowls.  Dos anyone know WHAT screws into the holes?

That's it for now. I'm truly glad to be on this list!

Safe riding!
- -Mike Douglas