Re: CA Spec ST

At 12:47 AM 7/20/00 -0700, David Earl wrote:
>Hi there. I'm new to the list and I just bought a '99 ST in California.
>I live in Utah and therefore asked the dealer before the deal if it was
>a CA Spec vs 49 State bike. He told me all bikes soldwest of Colorado
>were identical. Is this really the case, or was I mislead.

maybe all bikes west of Nevada ;-) As far as I know CA spec bikes are only
sold in the CA marketplace unless dealers are moving themselves (like
trading bikes with another dealer)

>  If so, what
>are the ramifications. Can emissions stuff be removed easily and does it
>net any real world results.

Well, you have the emissions stuff on the bike. You also have a catalytic
brick in the base of the header. The CA differences will cause a net loss
of 5-6hp.

>  Also, I've seen several references in the
>archive to "performance tuning" what is this all about.

performance tune maybe ? That would be the new "tune" for a performance pipe.

>this one I went to the dealer to test ride the TT600 and fell in love at
>first sight with the Sprint. I'm sure you all understand

Preaching to the choir here.......

It just doesn't get any better ;-)

- - Eric