Rallye planning

With so many of you planning routes and extra days, I figured I would post
this info to aid in your planning.

Friday:

We will be running 160-220 miles (have a couple of extra loops on the route
to get you to 220 miles if you want the mileage) consisting of a nice
combination of scenic easy paced roads and technical twisties. We will do a
part of the BRP and will stop at Mt Mitchell (6,684 feet). Mount Mitchell
State Park has a picnic area and restaurant, lookout tower, and the highest
point east of the Mississippi River (http://www.americasroof.com/nc.shtml).
After that we will run some awesome roads and head down into the Lake Lure
area. We will pass Chimney Rock Park http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/ and
the day has been planned so that you have enough time to check it out if
you want. This is a private park and has an $11 entrance fee. Several of my
friends just did this during the Honda Hoot and found it well worth the
money. For the hiking impaired, you can take an elevator to the top and
then walk back down.

Other area links:
http://www.asheville.com/
http://www.blueridgeparkway.org
http://www.ncnatural.com/Parkway/

Saturday:

We will be running a slightly longer route - about 276 miles (dinner has
been pushed back so that you will not need to rush to get back in time to
eat). We will hit several of the local fun roads on our way to and from our
target for the day - the famous (or should that be infamous?) Deals Gap
(http://www.dealsgap.com). I hope to have some additional information put
together in the next fews days on this run.

Hope this helps everyone with their planning

- - Eric