RE: Adjusting Chain

I place a ruler perpendicular to the floor, next to the chain.  I read where
the bottom run of the chain hits the ruler.  Then I press up on the chain
and take the second reading.  It should be between 1.4 - 1.6 inches.  I
rotate the wheel and repeat this two or three times.  I don't find a lot of
variation, that is, there doesn't seem to be tight spots.  Perhaps as the
chain gets more worn out.

- - Pete Berg
  Royal Oak, Michigan
  '99 ST