Re: Headlights & earplugs

"Jim Gillespie" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> colin.spencer@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > Now the earplug question. I use "Bilsom" foam ear plugs but after 5
> > - 10 minutes riding the things usually work their way out of my
> > ears. Anybody else have this problem and any recommendations out
> > there ?
>
>     I have trouble getting disposable earplugs to seat properly,
> [...snip...]
>
>     I find them more comfortable, more consistent and much easier to
> insert than foam earplugs.

I used to have those problems: uncomfortable foam earplugs that would work
their way loose.  In particular, I had a problem with my left ear; it has a
very narrow canal.  This was a major problem for me when I visited a
customer site (noisy manufacturing facilities where ear and eye and
sometimes foot protection is mandatory, along with hair nets [even if you're
bald!] and bear nets).

However, at the plant I just returned from they had these wonderful foam
earplugs that actually worked for me.  I grabbed a handful and brought them
home.  According to the package they are "E.Z.Fit" (tm) by Aearo.  The Aearo
Company is at 8001 Woodland Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46278.  Their phone # is
317-692-6616.

The key to making them fit properly involves a contortion act where the
opposite arm is over your head to lift your ear, while the near arm inserts
and holds.

If you come to the rallye you can see them and the contortion act too.
- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"