fire in the belly

In a message dated 7/30/00 9:58:34 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< my belly pan has sufferend the melting problem common on 1999 models and am
about to go ahead with starting a warranty replacement, but now that Jack
Lilley is making carbon fiber pans am considering doing that instead. >>

When the factory sends you the replacement belly pan, they will ask your
dealer to install it after bending the attachment brackets so as to increase
the clearance between pan and exhaust pipe. I happen to have some foil-backed
asbestos that I am going to insert between the two as well, in addition to
the insulation that comes on the pan. Would't want to risk burning the
(expensive) CF pan. Dave Collins, San Diego