Re: wax/polish

I use several different products depending on the situation. First
check out http://www.carcareonline.com  They have a wonderful
treatise on taking care of your paint ( a MUST read ) along with the
BEST and I mean BEST selection of car ( and bike) care products
anywhere! The BEST overall wax I've found for a daily driver ( not a
show car or bike etc)  is Blitz Wax by One Grand. This is a very,
very good carnauba based wax that has great depth of shine and lasts.
There are two other waxes that do have a little bit more depth of
shine but cost more and don't last as long P21S and "real"  Zymol  (
not the imitation stuff made by Turtle Wax)  I've been using the
Blitz Wax for about 10 years and it is great stuff.. just not easy to
find. I also use 3M  Imperial Hand Glaze or First Grand's Omega Glaze
to remove very fine scratches,  the kind that are only in the surface
of the clear coat. The 3M can be found at Pep Boys etc. If  you've
had a vehicle for a while and the paint has lost some of it's depth,
is looking a bit oxidized, or has collected a few fine scratches
first give it a good rub down with a fine hand glaze before waxing.
As for a quick clean ( bug guts of a quick shine when on a road trip)
the Meguires Quick detail is good as is the Mothers quick detail. I
tried the S100 detail but found that it tended to streak and that it
took a lot of rubbing to get it to buff out.. not good. Also the
Honda Pro Polish is a good cleaner and polish, great on wheels too.
For clear plastic care, Plexus can't be beat. And Back to Black is
great on colored plastics and vinyl. Mothers has a really good metal
cleaner and Simichrome is another favorite. Also nice to have around
is 3M Wax and Tar remover, it won't hurt your paint and will remove
tar and other nasty road mung. Last always use a good car wash not
dish detergent, along with plenty of cool water to wash you bike,
lots of clean 100% cotton towels, and of course wash and wax in the
shade never in direct sunlight.

Erik