Re: whoas continue

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Jim wrote:

> they tell me they will get to it shortly.  weds i call,  there excuse is
> that the person who works on triumphs is sick so it won't get worked on

I have had similar problems in Dallas with my zx9r, same thing,
why in the F did you have me bring my bike in on X when you could
not even touch it til X+5 #$@%#@$%

Anyway, what other lines do they sell? HD?? What ever it is the
other bikes are obviously a lot more profitable to work on than
the Triumphs.

Speaking of warantee work, how does Triumph comp the dealers for
work?

AFAIK Kawasaki gives the dealer credits for parts order at a
discounted rate (not positive about the discounted rate, but I'e
heard it is 5-15 bucks/hour less generally than the posted). So
kawi dealerships that do not sell a lot of kawi parts wind up
financing warantee work for a while,  atleast that is what I've
heard from a couple of mechanics and one service manager. When I
have trani problems with my zx6e most of the dealerships put me on
the "well we will try to get to it within the next month or so,
but no gaurentees", which is why those Kawi dealerships will never
see any of my non-warantee work on any kawi!

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664