Re: Help! Heat problem

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Harries, Mort wrote:

> Is this a common problem, and is there a fix for it (besides ripping off all
> the bodywork)?  I'm really hoping I don't hear "they all do that" or "that's
> normal".  If that's the case, it seems to me to be a real manufacturing
> defect.  How can I use the bike for its intended purpose if its too hot to
> ride comfortably 3 - 4 months of the year??
>
> Any input, suggestions, comiserations, etc would be appreciated.

<ducking>

Hmm, how's this for an idea, have bypass switch that turns on a
STDP relay that turns on the fan backwards, thus pushing air out
the front of the rad, thus sucking cooler air around the legs?

Geek factor one, only allow the relay to go on if speed <=10mph
(or abitrary speed for that matter)

Geek factor two, only allow the relay to turn on if the air leaveing
the fairing holes is greater than say 90 degF.

</ducking>

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664