Headlights

Hi
Being new to the list I think I had better introduce myself. Im Mike
cummings and as you can see from the mail address I own a Yamaha FJ1200 this
was the only bike in my garage until last Friday when I bought a lovely
black ST with only 724 miles on the clock (this figure has been dramatically
increased over the last couple of days). My reason for writing to the list
is that I am worrried that I have a problem with the front headlight in that
when it is on dip beam the left headlight comes on but no illumination on
the right,when i flick the light to main beam left light goes out and right
light comes on. I'm figuring this cannot be correct but what is the cause,is
it blown filament on each bulb or something more complex, the ST is still
under factory warranty so I could take it to a dealer.
Another question I have is why do Triumph not recomend fitting a Scotoiler?.
And finally my wife is complaining about the hard pillion seat do is there
an alternative? (seat not wife).

            Thanks inadvance for any replies  Mike Cummings