RE :Headlights

Mike
Welcome to the listing, funnily enough, that was my first question when I joined the listing last month. As Tim says, it's because the Eurocrats need to invent new laws to justify their jobs. As Tim also states, a quick mod can get both lights working again. However, I was talking to the mechanic yesterday when I took mine in for the 500 mile service. He said that the headlight conversion could be done but pointed out the headlight lenses to me. If you look at the dipped lens you will see that it has a patterned area to create the dipped beam whereas the "main" lens is clear to give an unobstructed beam. If you have the dipped filament working in the main light you will have more light but the result will be that you will blind the traffic coming towards you. Now I've no problem with that normally but it could lead to a rider getting totalled by an oncoming driver who'll say "Sorry officer, but I was blinded by his headlights". Could anyone with a '99 bike confirm that both lenses have the patterning.
As for the bike, how do you like it ? Was it a demonstrator, a pre-reg bike or did the previous owner have no taste.

Cheers
Col

Col