Maybe it is just me...

But,
As a motorcyclist (sorry, that's as close to Triumph content I'm going
to get),
I am really offended at the new Victory TV ad. Looks like they are marketing
a**holeship.

An empty seat at a diner between to massively burly "bikers". In comes
the sports
rider in full leathers. Sits down, one or both growl, gets up and leaves
in a hurry.
He is immediately replaced with a "ruggedly handsome" dude, he insterad
of leaving
when growled at, reaches across for some salt (or something). The
"bikers" are stunned,
he didn't get up and leave. They check out the back of his jacket, Victory.
So they shrug and pass him the ketchup.

I am firmly committed to the motorcycling fraternity. I wave to
everyone. Camaraderie.
While I may not like all bikes, or even all motorcyclists, I usually
have to personally
meet a motorcyclist I don't like. I can be offended by idiotic
hooliganism, {wheeling
through a crowd of people) etc, but for the most part motorcycles are a
very good thing, and
motorcyclists make choices about what is right for them. I happen to own
a bike that is
really good at just about everything, so I can try all sorts of rides,
lengths, etc.
Others have other priorities. But pandering to this "macho exclusivity",
it makes me
shudder.

Oh well, to each their own. I'm far from perfect in my acceptance of all motorcyclists.
I recall muttering to myself "You deserve each other" as a Hayabusa was
lane splitting at 75MPH.

Thank you kind folks for the opportunity to rant. Man am I happy to be a Sprinter.

Red Dawg
99 Red Sprint "Flash"